In this micro-course, you will learn how nature-based solutions can contribute to addressing societal challenges and achieving sustainable development, particularly in the context of water security, climate action, and nature-based livelihoods.
By the time you complete this micro-course, you will be able to:
- Define nature-based solutions
- Identify examples of nature-based solutions and understand their contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Identify the starting point for integrating nature-based solutions into national water plans
- Understand how nature-based solutions can improve countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- Utilize case study examples from multiple countries as context for your work