This self-learning course will allow you to gain necessary knowledge on the main conditions that define the vulnerabilities of citizens abroad during crisis situations. This course is meant for the staff of institutions in charge of assisting citizens abroad.
- Highlight some of the main conditions that define the vulnerability of nationals affected by crisis abroad.
- Describe the main crises that can affect nationals abroad.
- Identify the main legal and institutional frameworks that are relevant for the protection and assistance of nationals affected by crises abroad.
- Identify the options to compile data on the nationals abroad in order to inform them about preparation and the response to crises.
- Describe how to communicate efficiently with nationals that live, work, or are abroad before, during and after a crisis.
- Identify the key measures for the preparation and response that will best aid nationals abroad in case of a crisis.