Risks in agriculture arise from a variety of sources. There are several risk management options that can be used to either mitigate, transfer or cope with risks in agriculture. Choosing the most appropriate tool depends on various factors such as type of risk, tools availability, and level of responsibility. This course focuses on what can be done at the farm, local area/community, and national levels to manage risks in agriculture.
You will learn about
- Providing the outline of main on-farm and off-farm Agriculture Risk Management (ARM) tools
- Describing the major production, finance, market, and government-support related ARM tools
- Identifying the suitability of these tools by themselves or in combination
- Identify the suitability of these tools alone or in combination for a given situation
- Appreciating the advantages and disadvantages of the ARM tools