WFP is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP works to reduce disaster and climate risks to mitigate their repercussions on food security and prevent hunger and malnutrition. WFP’s work on disaster and climate resilience is guided by the Sendai Framework for DRR, the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). WFP helps identify which communities are most at risk of present and future impact of climate change on food security and nutrition to informs national policy and planning, including the development of food assistance programmes that build resilience and reduce hunger.
WFP deploys specialized expertise in response to country demand for CADRI Partnership services in the areas of disaster preparedness and emergency response, more specifically in:
- Food security and Nutrition
- Social protection, safety nets
- Risk transfer mechanisms; weather-based index and micro insurance
- Climate Change, Early Warning Systems and hydro-meteorological services
- Vulnerability Analysis Mapping
- Information Management, GIS
To learn more about WFP, please click here.