CADRI relies on the expertise and experience of its three core organizations to support training related to disaster risk reduction (DRR). Among our target audience for training are: UN Resident Coordinators (UNRCs), United Nations Country Teams (UNCTs), other UN staff, government officials and members of national platforms for DRR (where these exist).
Our training programmes cover the following issues:
- Understanding DRR and the Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA) within the national context
- Learning how to mainstream DRR within CCA/UNDAF processes
- Developing contingency plans, preparedness capacity, and the full spectrum of response, recovery and transition to development
CADRI training support includes: convening; sharing existing training materials of partner organizations; designing; supporting the design of, and delivering training. CADRI can also organize (on occasion/in selected countries) training and workshops, in collaboration with partner organizations, where appropriate.
We aim to ensure:
- A consistent approach to training for capacity development for DRR
- Successful integration of capacity development into DRR training
- Workshops that address specific needs and are tailored to their audience
If you would like more information about our training support, please contact us.
CADRI offers access to extensive training resources and constantly maps the development of such resources by its associates worldwide. Where no material is available on a specific subject or for a particular audience, CADRI can support its development or the tailoring of existing material to a specific audience or country. CADRI can also offer support by putting together workshop agendas, presentations and session outlines etc.
For more information about our training resources, please go to Tools and resources.